What’s your idea of a perfect date? Whether it’s your first date or your 50th anniversary, Charlotte has all manner of places for a rendezvous. You may have your favorites, but wouldn’t it be nice to shake it up and try something new? We put together some ideas to help you plan a truly great date.
Supperland: This Plaza Midwood hotspot self-identifies as southern steakhouse meets church potluck. It comes from the same husband and wife team that owns Haberdish, Reigning Doughnuts and several other eateries. Supperland is situated in two renovated church buildings. In the main restaurant, you’ll find dishes like sausage gravy croquettes, miso mac and cheese and Wagyu NY strip steak. You should probably save room for some butterfly cake. Supperland also has a separate Speakeasy that offers an intimate “spirit experience.” Reservations are required and it’s limited to 10 guests. You’ll get four exclusive cocktails expertly paired with four small plates. For more information, go to the Supperland website.
Walking food tour: Create your own agenda and you won’t even have to tip the guide. Pick three or four spots you’ve always wanted to try and walk from one to the other, sampling an appetizer or sharing an entree at each one. Here’s a sample itinerary in NoDa:
- Start at The Goodyear House to try the smoked cashew mac and a chopped wedge.
- Walk over to Heist Brewery for a couple of pints and some chicken & waffle tacos and bacon jam brussels.
- Finish off the night at Amelie’s for a lemon meringue éclair or peach cobbler tart.
Romance can be roses and candlelight, but to some people it could be watching the game with a bunch of wings. When planning a romantic night, think about what your honey really wants to do; make it all about your other half. You could plan a meaningful date at the place where you first met or by recreating your first date.
If you prefer more of an adrenaline rush, try one of these action-packed dates.
- Topgolf: You don’t have to be a pro to have a good time here. Reserve a bay and choose one of the 12 different games here. There’s air conditioning, HDTVs and lots of food and drinks. Topgolf has two locations in Charlotte – southwest and the University area.
- Bad Axe Throwing: Channel your inner lumberjack and throw axes for an hour or so at this uptown spot. Coaches show you how to do it safely. You can even join an axe-throwing league.
- Carolina History and Haunts Ghost Tour: Take a 90 minute walking tour through uptown Charlotte’s Fourth Ward to learn about the city’s most infamous landmarks.
Want to plan a special night but your budget is tight? Here are a few ideas that won’t break the bank.
- Whitewater Center: Go on a hike on some of the 50 miles of trails at this west Charlotte gem. Afterward, grab a beer and enjoy some of the best people watching around.
- Freedom Park: Walk around the picturesque pond then lay out a blanket on the grass and have a picnic.
It’s time to introduce your guy or gal to your bestie. Here are a few ideas for unforgettable double dates.
- Trivia night: This is a great way to get to know someone. Team up as a foursome at one of the many trivia nights around the city. Charlotte on the Cheap put together an extensive list.
- The Comedy Zone: Head up to the Music Factory for a night full of laughs.
- Brunch: Brunch in Charlotte isn’t an outing, it’s a lifestyle. There are dozens of places to choose from. To help you narrow it down, check out this article from Axios Charlotte.
As temperatures slowly start to cool, it will soon be time for plaid shirts, corn mazes and all things pumpkin spice. Here are some ideas for a fun fall date.
- Hunter Farm: This family-owned farm in Weddington has a pumpkin patch, wagon rides and a market store.
- Aw Shucks: This farm in Monroe got rid of its family-friendly pumpkin patch and has been transformed into a giant haunted attraction covering 15 acres! It’s open Friday and Saturday nights starting September 22nd, as well as Halloween night.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Grab a sweater, hop in the car and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you haven’t driven this stretch of road in the fall, put it on your “must do” list. You don’t have to have an agenda, just go where the road takes you, and be sure to pull into the scenic overlooks to take pictures.
We hope this list helps you plan the ideal date night with your sweetie. And hey, if it leads to a conversation about moving in together, we’ll help you find the perfect love nest. Give us a call.